The La Mesa Watershed and Eco-Park consists of the La Mesa Dam and an ecological nature reserve site in Quezon City commissioned in 1929 in the Philippines. It is part of the Angat-Ipo-La Mesa water system, which supplies most of the water supply of Metro Manila.
The La Mesa Dam is an earth dam whose reservoir can hold up to 50.5 million cubic meters and occupying an area of 27 squ ...
The water collected in the reservoir is treated on-site by the Maynilad Water Services, and at the Balara Treatment Plant further south by the Manila Water. Both water companies are private concessionaires awarded by the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System, the government agency in charge of water supply.
It is a vital link to the water requirements of 12 million residents of Metro Manila considering that 1.5 million liters of water pass through this reservoir everyday. It is also the last forest of its size in the metropolis.
La Mesa Watershed and Eco Park News
Wilcon Depot upholds its commitment to be an advocate for environmental sustainability after conducting a tree-planting activity in La Mesa Nature Reserve in partnership with ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya's environmental arm, Bantay Kalikasan.In line with its commitment to be an advocate for environmental sustainability, Wilcon Depot conducted a tree-planting activity in La Mesa Nature Reserve, in partnership with ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya's environmental arm, Bantay Kalikasan.
As one of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives, the tree-planting activity is part of the "Protect-A- ...
For the second year in a row, global banking giant JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMC) recently celebrated its Asia Pacific Volunteer Month promoting the firms volunteering culture across the region by giving back to the local communities where it operates.
With more than 300 of their local staff working together to help in rehabilitation efforts at the La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City, employee volunteers took part in a variety of activities that included construction of the plant wall garden, sweeping and repainting of the sidewalks, weeding in flower terraces, repainting picnic tables, chairs, gri ...
American Express (AMEX), a banking industry for more than a hundred years, partnered with ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundations Bantay Kalikasan. More than 50 employees from their office based in the Philippines planted 400 seedlings of Bignay-Kalabaw trees at the La Mesa Watersheds Forest.
Philip John Panes, one of AMEXs Team Leaders shared, "We planted inside the forest and its not easy but its giving back to the community. The fact that we locals planted in a local forest is really excellent."
Another participant, Velmurugan Panneerselvam, AMEXs Infrastructure Engineer said that his e ...
Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) Administrator Reynaldo V. Velasco has called on all major stakeholders from both government and private sector to pool their resources and protect the countrys forest cover and the watersheds to ensure water security and sustainable development.
Velasco said the countrys forest cover within forestland is now only 51.2 percent, or 8.08 million hectares, which means the area has not been forested and that the remaining 48.8 percent comprises of 38.6-percent (6.10 million hectare) forested and 10.2-percent (1.61 million hectare) new forest, a ...
Resorts World Manila (RWM) employees are walking the environmental talk through the companys Live and Love Green (LLG) program. Now on its fourth year, the employees enthusiasm for its monthly recycling program is stronger than ever, with RWM on track to exceed the annual target.
Employee-volunteers closed out the third quarter of the year with a total of 15.3 tons of recyclable materials collected, out of its 18-ton goal for 2017.
The collected recyclables, which would have otherwise gone to a landfill, are donated to the Tzu Chi Foundation Philippines. The foundation processes the mate ...
Two hundred and thirty six volunteers planted a total of 2,000 trees during the first ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation-Bantay Kalikasans tree planting activity at the La Mesa Watershed.
One of the volunteers who joined was Ricardo Santos, a 70 year old Rotarian from Commonwealth. He said that being a resident of Quezon City, he is one of those who will directly benefit from the trees they planted.
Santos said, Bilang residents of Quezon City, we will be some of the direct beneficiaries nitong mga tinatanim naming puno. (As residents of Quezon City, we will be some of the direct benef ...