The Buguey Wetlands can be located in Cagayan Province. Its coordinates are 18o17'N, 120o50'E on the North Coast of Luzon. The approximate area of the Buguey Wetland is 14,400 hectares and approximately 80% of the Buguey municipality consists of wetlands. It also has an altitude of sea level. The climatic condition of this wetland is that it has a humid tropical climate with an average yearly rainfall of about 2,200mm more or less evenly distributed throughout the year.
Buguey wetlands has a complex of coastal lagoons which means it is a shallow body of water separated from larger bodies o ...
Let's talk about Buguey Wetlands. But first, what is a wetland? A wetland is a land area that is saturated with water, it is either permanently or seasonally, such that it takes on the characteristics of a distinct ecosystem. Primarily, the factor that distinguishes wetlands from other land forms or water bodies is the characteristic vegetation that is adapted to its unique soil conditions: Wetlands consist primarily of hydric soil, which supports the aquatic plants. Waters that are found in wetlands can be saltwater, freshwater, or brackish. Mostly main wetland types include swamps, marshes, ...
Maswerte tayo dito sa Pilipinas at marami tayong wetlands. Bukod sa mga nabanggit ko na nasa Ramsar list, marami pang iba, katulad ng:
• Paoay Lake in Ilocos Norte.
• Buguey Wetlands in Cagayan Province.
• Candaba Swamp in the Provinces of Bulacan and Pampanga.
• Manila Bay from Cavite City to Balanga, Bataan.
• Laguna de Bay in Provinces of Rizal and Laguna,
• Taal Lake in Taal, Batangas.
• Balayan Bay in Batangas.
• Tayabas Bay in Quezon Province.
• Apo Reef in Occidental Mindoro.
• Lake Manguao and Malampaya Sound in Taytay, Palawan.
• Ulugan Bay in Palawa ...